Thursday, March 27, 2008

The late night visitor (not for the faint-hearted )

Yesterday night was an animal night as well as live show.. Lala for the 1st time got fascinated with what Mr Lim and I were watching on the TV. Arts central was showing a documentary on the marine life.

Lala transfixed by what's on the TV

Woo.. bird bird

Lala: Don't fly bird bird... Let me climb up and take a closer look..Im gonna catch you..

In fact Lala got so fixed onto the baby turtle she decided she to get a closer look by climbing up the table. Orange of course got the best spot.. on the coffee table directly in front the TV with the best view.

Mummy, can we subscribe to animal channel... its educational you know... I love it just brings out the wild side of me...

After watching documentary on TV. Orange had an encounter of his own later on in the night. I walked into the living and saw a slimy late night visitor squiggle in from the dining area window. Orange saw it before I can have time to react. He was prowling on Mr slimy and what happened next is really in fast motion with me screaming hysterically for Mr Lim: "Hurry up come hurry up come!! Orange gonna eat Mr slimy don't let him do that stop him..." And at the time trying to get close to Orange yet repelled to do so. And of course Orange by this time already got hold of Mr slimy and had him in his mouth ready to "play" with his lucky late night supper first!! Our hero Mr Lim enters the scene: Holding the spray water bottle in his hand and looking slightly disgusted, he aimed the water spray at Orange hoping he won't eat Mr slimy. Surprised by the jet of cool water on him, Orange didn't seem to understand why we were punishing him. He thinks he's just doing us a favour... oh plz.. The cool water actually scared him into letting loose on his deathly grip on Mr slimy and Mr slimy dropped onto the floor. Without further ado.. Mr slimy made his escape from where he came in from.. and to my dismay I noticed he looked abit shorter..

Now I know why he seems shorter on his way to escapism. He left a part of him behind and a tiny spot of blood. (water on the floor due to the water spray). Guess I won't need to tell you who Mr slimy is. You can tell from this fat long tail he or she is probably a full grown one.. Anyway to disgust you even further, it was still wiggling while I took a clear shot of it. Too bad I couldn't take a picture of Mr slimy while he was escaping... Like I said it all happened too fast. Ya I know somebody will get really squeamish about this.. Probably won't be thinking of going near Orange for a quite some time...

Mr Lim and I looked at the tail still wiggling about. I stared at Mr Lim with my "U've gotta get rid of it" look. Well, a man gotta act like a man and being the only male species (can't count Orange in it though I know he's all paws up to help us get rid of it) he wrapped the tail in thick layers of tissue and discard it. (Mr Lim actually wanted to flashed it down the toilet which I strongly disagree... I mean what if that thing is still wiggling and manage to wiggle its way back to my toilet bowl... eewww)

I suddenly looked at Orange in a different light. Definitely not like my playful cute and cuddly boy but a killer with quick instinct.. This morning, Orange climbed onto the bed wanted a morning cuddle from me. I avoided his face...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHH.........yikes, that tail really gives me the creeps. Did you zoom in or wat? Shudders when i think of that. See lah, can't get it out of my head for the next hour liao. Yup, not going near Orange anytime soon. Better not let me catch Ah Sky doing that or else i am going to faint instantly!

Hope Mr Slimy is gone forever. Sure don't want to bump into him when i go your place.

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh, heng its not Mr Flying Croach.. kekke... Our version of Me Slimy is 'Uncle John'. Haha.. There's always one big, fat Uncle John crawling outside our window at night.....
-Ah Jo~