Thursday, March 25, 2010

Something new something exciting!

Things are about to change in the household in about 2 months time.. Lifestyle and priorites to change and new challanges to cope.. for the two legged as well as the little rascals.
Yup Im happy to announced that Mr Lim and I are gonna expect our 1st bundle of joy soon.. Hence Mr Lim has been faithfully taking over most of the household chores and bathing for little rascals..
Orange's gonna be a big brother soon Lala's gonna realise she has another rival to fight with for attention.. That's me taken in January with Ah sky lazying beside me.. Now at 7th month gonna be 8th months pregnant (next week) my tummy look much more bigger than this picture.
Not sure if the little rascals or Ah sky knows BB is growing inside me.. I would sometimes place their tail on my tummy hoping they will be able to feel BB movement like I do.. alas no response from them hmmm...
Concern friends had commented on the negative impact of having cats and BB in the same household. To all these kind people out there... I know BB are really fragile but hope you will understand my stand when I said I believe Mr Lim and I will practice the common sense and with my nature of profession I believe the little rascals and BB will be able to co-exist in the same environment.
Abandoning them or giving them away for the sake of BB has never come across my mind. The little rascals are as important as BB is to us. I'm sure there are other Singaporean who have raise a healthy BB with cats in the house.Mr Lim bought this tiger bun some time back.. He excitedly told me its for BB but it came with only one ear.. missing ear on the Lt side... I was quite sad about the missing ear though..
In fact, Im really looking forward to seeing interactions between BB and little rascals in time to come. BB will be surrounded with animals.. cause mother in law has a dog and Ah sky's at my mum's house. I sure hope BB will grow up to learn to respect all animals and of course love cats like I do..
With 2 more months of preparation, people asked me if Im ready.. Well Im not I guess I'll never be.. Having the little rascals around kinda give us a small preparation of having a BB. Little rascals will bang on our door and meow like crazy as early as 6am as early reminder that its nearing their feeding time. But I know having a BB is 10x more hectic than simply listening to cat's meow. Whatever it it, Mr Lim and I will take the days as it comes through trial and error as newbie parents..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mr and Mrs Lim!!
For my knowledge, BB and animals/cats can live together!! That makes BB's immunity against pets more secure and stronger as he grows up! Not as if ask Orange or Lala to lick BB, of course.. Haha..
Remember I 1st brought Keane over to your house? I was actually trying to get some immunity booster for him as well to pets! keke.. Lucky he's not like me, I actually had teary and itchy eyes towards cats. :)
Start counting down!
-Ah Jo.

suzanna said...

Congratulations!

You and your hubby made the right decision. Cats and babies can co-exist! :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I would like to share with you a website in which the blog owner rescues strays. She gave birth to a lovely girl around 2 years ago and since baby stage, her girl has always interacted with her cats without any problem.

I remembered reading a reply from her that once her child got close to a cat and got scratched. Instead of scolding the cat, she told her child not to disturb that cat in future as it is afraid of her.

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/gracehouse

Unknown said...

Hello there! First of all congrats. Expected that u are preggers when I read one of ur previous entry (the one abt Mr Lim bathing ur cats)

Like the rest of them here I agree that cats and babies can co-exist. I had 5 cats when I was pregnant. My gynae also said it's no problem as long as you don't touch their poo (and start using ur hands w/o washing) and I have no allergies to cats.

It's not tough on the baby but the cats cos they do feel jealous (just like older siblings) but me & husb ensured that they get the same amount of TLC like the baby does.

All the best in this new journey and may it bring u and Mr Lim the much awaited joy!

~Yat