Sunday, August 10, 2008

One people one nation hmmm not true for cats

Yesterday was the day where every Singaporean come together as one to celebrate our Nation's 43rd birthday. It is also the day to remind ourselves to stay united as one nation irregardless of race, language or religious. So much for harmony for humankind.. too bad the cats weren't feeling so patriotic.

I went to my mum's house to watch the NDP on television with them. Guess who I saw?

Yup its Pingpong!! He was sitting in the middle of the lift landing as usual. I went over to give him a good head rub then he walked over to the front of the lift and patiently wait for it like the rest. The rest of the crowd who were also waiting for the lift were amused by his action and a kid begin to giggle saying "cat take lift".
True enough, the lift came and Pingpong was the 1st to walked in and stood by one corner in a cat-porcelain position. Too bad there was too many people in the lift and I couldn't take a picture but it was so cute.

The lift landed on my floor and to my delight, Pingpong walked out of the lift with me!!

Pingpong walked over to a plastic bag in the corner of the lift landing and make himself comfortable...
Again, I sneaked some of Ah sky's dry food for Pingpong to eat. Ah sky was sleeping... I was careful not to make any sound as I scooped the biscuit out onto a tissue all the time praying ah sky won't be awake by the scent of it... I guess yesterday's weather was simply too good for sleeping
Biscuit gone in a flash.. Hey did u see that clipped ear.. Pingpong's been sterilized!
A good body clean up after a hearty meal..

Cheers to Mr Lim, squatting patiently with the umbrella waiting for me and rewarded with a friendly snuggle from Pingpong.
Oh goody I finally captured a shot of Pingpong's stunning blue eyes!! Isn't he handsome...
Satisfied seeing him and capturing a front view of him, Mr Lim and I head over my mum's house to watch the NDP. A while later, my father got all excited and carried Ah Sky to the front gate... To my surprise, Pingpong was walking past our common corridor...
Sensing a stranger of its kind, Ah sky leaped up onto the front gate with his front paw in a bid to see. Standing by his side is my father stroking Ah Sky's head and telling him "see friend friend ah"

Ping pong stood still with blue eyes watching Ah sky intensely

And they just stood there frozen in time just watching one another...

Then they start having a growling competition.

Fearing that they would start to fight, I decided to carry Ah sky away while my father start to shoo Pingpong away..

But Ping pong seems to have other idea. Not at all bothered by the hostility shown by Ah sky. He choose to settle himself comfortably underneath our flowerpots.

Then Ah sky came over and start the staring business again...


After some shooing, Ping pong finally retaliated and sit further away from our house

While Ah sky sit on his comfy couch and looked at the door cautiously...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey did u notice in that picture about the 'growling competition', the usually lean Ping Pong seemed to have ballooned in size? I remember cats arch themselves to appear bigger and taller to intimidate others when threatened.

What a pity i missed all that action... And yes on some pics, the clipped ear is quite obvious on closer look. Who is the kind soul in the neighborhood who nursed him back to health i wonder.... Really miss Ping Pong...when can i see him again....

Anonymous said...

Hiyee ,
Happened to stumble upon your blog and really enjoyed all your funny cats stories . :D
Btw , all your cats have very cute names . :D Especially Lala and Ping Pong .

Regards ,
Randie

Anonymous said...

hahaha... cant stopped laughing...~ Ah Sky kanna threatened ah, finally. But then, Pingpong and ah sky both belongs to the same breed, kind of, right? Mixed siamese cat? Both also got blue eyes mah.. Pity Ping pong not female, if not ah sky sure wouldnt do the staring business.
Ah Jo~

auntie p said...

Ping Pong is very handsome, with a beautiful coat. His expression when growling at Ah Sky is priceless. :D

My furry friends said...

Hi auntie P you are right.. too bad I seldom see Ping pong around the neighbourhood nowadays.. Hope he's doing fine.. kinda miss him..

Bunny said...

Hey I love your storyline leh! Your cats are so incredibly cute! Can I go over and see them one day???