Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Uneventful day :-(

Orange's diarrhea continued yesterday amounting to a total of 5 times. Though each time was only a small amount of watery stool but I know its enough to dehydrate a small animal. Had to force feed him water via syringe for fear he might go into dehydration. Brought him to the vet that evening. Vet gave Orange a mild scolding for being a glutton. He was given some medications to stop the diarrhea and some friendly bacterica for his tummy.

Orange seems to shrink after a day of diarrhea. He hardly has the energy to even meow while I was preparing his food. Doc recommend me to feed him clear diet-boiled chicken breast meat with some porridge.

Yesterday's dinner as ordered by doc.

Its surprising to still see Orange have the appetite to eat though he ate slower than usual.

As usual, I had to give Lala the same kinda food for fear she might think Im showing favourism. For once, Lala finishes her food faster than Orange. In fact, he didn't even finish his food, guess he doesn't have much appetite.

One hour later after his meal and medications, Orange started retching and foaming on the mouth. It was scary like he's poisoned.

Helplessly, I watched him paced around the kitchen dripping bubbly foam on the floor. I didn't know what happen to him and called up the vet. They told me to put him off the water and food for next 12hrs and observe him. And that symptom that I describe by the way is the cat's way of vomiting and nausea.

Mr Lim and I felt that he must have eating too much dinner just now and drank too much water hence causing the vomiting.

Lala staring through the translucent door looking at his bro while Orange vomiting... There's nothing much I could do expect to stay with Orange and watching him foam small puddle of bubbly foam everywhere in the kitchen. I know he's feeling terrible. He meowed pitifully and use his head to knead against me. After 35mins, he finally stopped vomiting and I then carried him to the sofa where he rest and soon dozed off...

This morning, heard from Mr Lim he retained his breakfast well. Seeing no more vomiting. I stupidly gave him the medications only to cause him to have another episode of vomiting for 15mins. Now Im thinking it may be the medications that causing the vomiting and not the food he took. I feel so gulity for causing him to have to go through another episode of vomiting.

Hai... I don't think I'll continue with the medications. He's been prescript Diarrstope, Medazole and Trizine. Can anyone tell me if this will cause the symptoms as seen in Orange? Will see what the vet says. Just hope to see him get better soon.

Mummy, today I take care of Orange 哥哥 okie...

2 comments:

veganmeow said...

Hope Orange is getting better!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Diarrhea-Stops and Flagyl to me?! is it? Hope he doesnt get dizziness when he's vomiting.... poor Orange...
-Josephine