Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Orange update so far...

Orange's on my lap tonight as Im typing out my blog... where is Lala aka the manja princess u might be thinking... Princess Lala currently sitting comfortably beside Mr Lim on the bed..purring as Mr Lim puts his fingers to good exercise haha if you know what I mean....

Orange's wound has healed nicely. Managed to save few $ by removing the staples on my own. Orange was such a good boy sitting there nicely for me to remove them... As the wound healed, I start to feel that the metal plate getting more prominent. My fear came true after a repeated xray during the 2nd review

Bought Orange for his 2nd review on the 29th dec. Here inside the carrier while waiting the the vet, I bet Orange was reminiscing what happened to him that day... He looked nervous

This was the xray taken after the surgery. You can see the metal plate screwed onto the Lt pelvic bone to stabilise the fracture.


And this was the xray taken during the 2nd review last week. You can see the top part of the metal plate has become detached from the pelvic bone. The 1st screw had loosen completely followed by soon to be 2nd screw...

This was my fear. The prominent part was due to the loosening of the metal plate and screw. The vet commented that Orange will have to go for another surgery to remove the whole metal plate. Loose metal plate will cause friction and perhaps pain when moving joint so its best to remove.

My heart ache for Orange having to go through another surgery again. Only want the best for him therefore this 2nd surgery is inevitable. Now that his fur are slowly growing out covering the wound my heart sank as I know that in a week's time they would be shave off and he's gonna come home with a new scar. At least this time he will be able to come back on the same day of the surgery.. Gonna have to give him TLC when he comes back.


Orange Orange my little warrior, handsome prince with bright yellow eyes... Mummy will be there with you don't you worry okie..


Lala, Lala, don't you be jealous of Orange okie.. Mummy loves you too... so you must be nice girl okie don't be so playful and disturb him when he comes back...
Meow... I'll try lor... sayang 1st can...

2 comments:

veganmeow said...

Oh no, poor Orange! Hope that all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear.. so sad for Orange.. So far how has his fracture site healed? Has the bone fused well?Since the screws and plate removed pretty early.. -Josephine